Sometimes it can be the most obvious steps or ideas that we over-look as designers, so we have provided you with some graphic design secrets – especially for when trying to be innovative and creative.
Graphic Design Secrets:
- Crop the images you’ve been given to work with.
- Change the image from colour to black and white.
- Add a border (and possible break the border up into different colours).
- Don’t let the image take up the entire canvas – leave some white or black spaces in the background.
- Make the font/text the focus, instead of the image.
- If you have 2 images to work with, make one smaller than the other – there is no reason to try and fit them both in (at the same size) if it’s not working.
- Can you make it horizontal instead of vertical?
- Are there elements of the image that can be left out – why not try a silhouette of the main image?
- Will a simple font change make the image “pop”?
- Don’t always look at what you can add – look at what you can remove too.
Innovative graphic design does not need to be complicated – often over-thinking it can lead to an ineffective design – use these simple tips to uncomplicated your design process and create effective, appealing design work.
Our April Canvas Print Competition!
What could you print on 2 A3 Canvas Prints? Why not create your own design, or find your favourite inspirational quote? A popular idea is to print some family photos or photos of your children – the ideas are endless!
Have you entered yet? If not, just click this link and you could be the lucky WINNER!