Cape Town’s Creative Co-Working Spaces and Online Platforms
Cape Town’s Creative co-working hubs are popping up everywhere – these communal work spaces are not only great for the sole entrepreneur or the creatively minded, but they serve as a wonderful place to meet people, exchange ideas, and get out of your working-from-home environment.
Between 10and5 has a great list of Cape Town’s Creative 5 Co-Working Spaces – here is a summary of what’s worth checking out, and be sure to visit their website for further information.
- The Bureau at the Woodstock Exchange
- Twenty Fifty in Buitenkant Street – upstairs from Truth Coffee
- Growth Space in Somerset West
- Hubspace in Woodstock
- 88mph in Albert Road
For 6 more Creative Co-Working Spaces in Cape Town, have a look here.
When it comes to online platforms that cater to the Cape Town and South African creative community, there are many incredible websites to visit – here are 3 that we regularly use for inspiration, information and creative news.
- Between 10and5 – with daily blogs, articles, profile pieces, and creative inspiration, they aim to inspire South African’s as well show the rest of world what South African creatives are up to.
- Creative Nestlings – This research and development company aims to support the local (and ever-growing) creative community by offering opportunities and connections to aspiring creatives – they have partnered up with The Cape Town Partnership to strengthen their platform and, as a result, assist and reach more talented South African youths.
- Creative Cape Town – It supports the development of the “creative and knowledge economy” in Cape Town, with an aim to make it the central city for “knowledge, innovation, creativity and culture in Africa and the South.”
For those who are not in Cape Town, not that you won’t benefit from visiting the above mentioned websites, SA Creatives (The SA Creative Network) offers an incredible platform for creatives all around South Africa.