With a new year comes a host of new trends in fashion, design, and decor. As a designer or a business, it is not crucial to follow these trends, but it is important to be aware of them and to see how relevant your brand’s image is. Does your brand stay current and trendy? Or is your brand perhaps outdated?
Graphic design trends are useful guidelines to keep in mind when creating your logo design, revamping your image, or simply putting an event together. Here are the top 5 design trends for 2017 that we feel stand out the most.
Top 5 Graphic Design Trends of 2017:
- Minimalism – Minimalism has been trending for a few years now – the de-cluttered, streamlined look is increasingly popular this year too. Keep your designs to-the-point and without “chaos”, therefore it’s about creating a clear and dynamic image that your audience will remember.
- Hand-drawn Illustration – Illustration in general has become popular with many brands as it allows them to be even more personalised in their portrayal of what they stand for. Hand-drawn illustrations are beautiful, quirky, fun and unique. More and more businesses are opting for this style and look.
- Cinemagraphs – These images are usually in GIF format and involve a static image having one or two elements that move. This is an effective way stand out from the ground and make people look twice (for example) at your ad campaign or your website.
- Bold Typography – Typography should be eye-catching and creative. It is a great way to catch people’s attention and inspire action. You can use typography for promotions, event advertising, and in-store branding to bring more attention to your brand.
- Beautiful Photography – Natural, beautifully shot photographs are the way forward, hence no more posed stock photos!
For more information about top graphic design trends for 2017, have a look at these two blogs: