As a designer or an entrepreneur, it’s always helpful to be inspired and advised by those who are leaders in their field. Creating exceptional designs sometimes comes naturally and sometimes requires a lot of work – here are 5 inspirational design quotes from some of the world’s most renowned graphic designers, and how you can apply it to your design projects:
5 Inspirational Design Quotes:
- “There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.” – Milton Glaser
Don’t settle for OK, don’t stay in your comfort-zone as a designer. Step out, step up, and only settle for the best, no matter how simple the concept is.
- “A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
It’s a helpful attitude to have – to shift your thinking from adding design elements once you think your design is done to rather taking elements away, if necessary, to perfect your image.
- “Digital design is like painting, except the paint never dries.” – Neville Brody
This definitely applies to your corporate identity – keep evolving, keep changing – your brand needs to stay fresh and relevant.
- “I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things.” – Lindon Leader
Simplicity doesn’t have to be lacking in creativity, it just means you have a clear concept and your design has a clear message.
- “If you can design one thing, you can design everything.” – Massimo Vignelli
Trust your design talent and instincts and venture into all types of design. Don’t limit yourself to what you do well, chances are you can excel at it all!