Following on from last month’s blog, here are 5 more design quotes from inspiring designers from around the world. Let their wisdom inspire your own masterpieces, and guide you in creating designs that are timeless, trendy, and unique.
5 Design Quotes From Inspiring Designers:
6. “Practice safe design: Use a concept.” – Petrula Vrontikis
Get a creative brief. Define the concept. Refine the design elements. Follow your gut.
7. “The details are not the details. They make the design.” – Charles Eames
Attention to detail (no matter how simple or complex) will define the outcome of your design. Pay attention to the small things and make them work for you.
8. “Never fall in love with an idea…If the one you’re with isn’t doing the job, there’s always, always, always another.” – Chip Kidd
Especially when it come to personal projects and product design – keep trying until it feels right. Refine your idea, be open to changing your mind.
9. “There’s enough ‘nice’ design in the world. Whether sublime, exuberant, minimal or maximal, give your work personality. Don’t be afraid to be awkward — what feels comfortable today, will be boring tomorrow.” – Andrew Harvey
Again, step out of that box, and listen to your creativity. Make something that stand out in its simplicity or in its complexity.
10. “Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent.” – Joe Sparano
Make your message clear and unique. Be unexpected, be brave, be innovative.