The World Design Capital 2014 – Cape Town Events
Cape Town has been a buzz with creative energy and events in the first half of the year with many workshops, events, talks, markets, tradeshows, and exhibitions taking place as part of The World Design Capital 2014 in Cape Town.
If you have been enjoying all the creative fun and inspiration so far, then here are a few more events to look forward to:
- 1. Mid-May – mid-October
Beautiful Things: From Tradition to Modernity
African inspired design, art, artefacts, and much more!
- 2. October
Craft stalls, entertainment, and live performances, all showcasing the array of talent that exists in this seaside town.
- 3. October
Red Bull Doodle Art Competition
This final event for the international doodling competition will take place as an exhibition (and there are rumours of a possible surprise too!).
- 4. 21 – 29 November
An incredible exhibition consisting of roughly 20 cities, mostly from Africa, Asia and Latin America, will show how they have used design to change people’s lives.
- 5. Throughout the remainder of the year
- Community Co-design Workshops
- Urban Garden Tour
- Postage Stamp Project
- Project X 2014
- City of Rainbows Public Art Project
- 6. Must-see events
- August 2014 – Mercedes Benz Cape Town Fashion Week
- 10 to 30 August – Open Design Cape Town
- October 2014 – Shnit International Short Film Festival
- 16 to 18 October – Spier Secret Festival
- December – Cape Town Summer Market
For even more World Design Capital 2014 events, just click here for the official WDC2014 website.